Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are some here who remember LPs, and the great artwork that came on album covers. So, what are some favorites? I have a bunch of them, but I will start off with perhaps one of the coolest ever:

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
I have a box full of them in the basement...some that were never opened. I'll try to find them

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have plenty as well.

Another favorite:

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
I still have plenty as well.

Another favorite:

I am oretty sure I have a rRush album or two in that box...and a Styx one too

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a huge fan of Rush

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,613 Posts
I still have a bunch packed away. I even have my dad's original Animal's album and play it every now and then. It still sounds amazing. There ain't nothing like vinyl.

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
I own a collector's item of sorts. I have a copy of (the original) Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Street Survivors" album.

Street Survivors was released on October 17th, 1977 and featured a picture on the cover of the band standing on a street that was entirely engulfed in flames. (Thumbnail 1)

Three days later, on October 20, 1997, Lynyrd Skynyrd was involved in that dreadful plane crash that killed several members of the band including lead singer Ronnie Van Zant.

The album was recalled because the firey scene on the cover was felt to be no longer appropriate, and re-released with a different cover. (Thumbnail 2)

But I have one with the "flames" picture. :D

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I own a collector's item of sorts. I have a copy of (the original) Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Street Survivors" album.

Street Survivors was released on October 17th, 1977 and featured a picture on the cover of the band standing on a street that was entirely engulfed in flames. (Thumbnail 1)

Three days later, on October 20, 1997, Lynyrd Skynyrd was involved in that dreadful plane crash that killed several members of the band including lead singer Ronnie Van Zant.

The album was recalled because the firey scene on the cover was felt to be no longer appropriate, and re-released with a different cover. (Thumbnail 2)

Vinyl won't fit in my DVD player.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,249 Posts

I have that one - I purchased it new and never opened it.

This is one of my favorites:

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
One of my favorites is the Baja Marimba Band Rides Again.

Check out the band member silhouetted against the skyline.

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
First album I ever bought when I was a kid was Boston's debut album!...Love that guitar spaceship on the cover! More than a feeling!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the Iron Maiden artwork for Aces High.

Another cool Rush cover:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts