Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys... haven't been on in a long time, trucks running great, sticking with the mods...

Wanting to install a Scangauge II... I recall seeing one for sale on here with a mount for the center console below the pull out cupholders, been searching high and low.

Anyone got any idea where to find that? maybe the guy who had that can help me out?!

(maybe this isn't in the right sub-forum... so if Admin wants to move it please do)

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I did it to the left of the clock. Had to cut approximately 50% of the left side of the glossy display material. If I had to do it again, I would buy the gauge pod that mounts btwn the steering wheel and it's column cover trim. I have it also, but already have 2 gauges planned for it. That would make it much easier to view and you wouldn't have to glance so "far" away from the road.

See attached pics.

There is also a rear view mirror mount available for the scan gauge, but I have no experience with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like mine to be where it's easily seen without moving my eyes too far. By the extra cupholder would be too far.
Made this easily removable and cheap holder.
There was already a screw hole at front end of st. wheel cover. Added some stiff, woodlook vinyl and taped the gauge to that.

Attachments

Reactions: Highwaylizard

·
Registered
99 Posts
any top four suggestions on what to monitor with the SCAN GAUGE II? I am monitoring the Transmission temperature (obvious one). But what else is suggested to watch? Is everyone monitoring average MPG (how did you set that up, as I only found instant MPG).

·
Registered
99 Posts
I monitor average mpg with scan GUAGE II. It's labeled AVG in the unit settings. Also look at transmission temperature. You can look at a lot of sensors. Just not sure which are useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.