Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Remote Start options?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jbarnett2501 
#1 ·
What are my options for a remote start for a 2005 and 2006 Sequoia?

I searched, everything seems 8+ years old. Surely there must be something DIY that is relatively plug and play??

#2 ·
Even a vehicle that old has a crap load of wiring and items that need to be monitored to get a remote starter to work properly. I do as much stuff as I can myself but no way would I touch a remote starter. I did install 1 in my 2005 Tundra when I had it. I had viper 2 way that I moved to my 2012 Tundra. Model is in my signature below. Only needed to purchase a new transponder and pay for install.
Get a reputable brand and get a 2 way with really good range and you will be happy.

#3 ·
I had a Viper alarm with remote starter on my 2002 Tacoma and worked flawlessly. I sold my Tacoma last year. I now have a 2004 Tundra and will have a Viper alarm with remote starter installed in the next few weeks especially since Catalytic converters thefts are common in SoCal.

#5 ·
I don't think there's anything plug and play for these old models. You can diy it but it's old school where you splice all the connections. I put a Crimestopper RS7-G5 in mine because it's a two way with good range and let's me use the same remote start fob for another vehicle. The immobilizer bypass is the PITA for my 02 sequoia. Only options I found require a key in a box in the car. I bought a dei 555 based one that says it learns your key code so doesn't require a key in the car but the install instructions don't seem to line up with my wiring diagram so never installed it. So it's possible to diy but it'll turn out way better if you pay a pro to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.