Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a remote starter on their Sequoia? What about the immoblizer from the key? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
kwt,

i could be wrong, so don't quote me on this. i remember a while back someone had asked if one could be installed. they were told that it wouldn't work because the sequoia won't start w/out the transponder key in the ignition or somewhere near it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Glenn,

you just beat me too it! ;) i just did some research and i found that Ace Electronics sells a kit that will work.
check this out: Ace Electronics Remote Starter
quoted from website:
"Vehicles with certain factory security systems such as VATS, P.A.T.S. I&II , Passlock, Passlock 2, Passkey 3, Securlock and Transponder systems will require an additional Bypass Module and installation"

so there you have it. it can be done! :D btw, the system that Ace sells is pretty good. a lot of good features!

Chris

·
Registered
202 Posts
I installed myself a remote car starter on my Seq. I couldn't remember the model but it is a Viper alarm with remote car starter. During installation I had a hard time installing the keyless entry connection. I have to go to somebody to help me installed the keyless connection.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It would be nice but...

My 2 year old has a knack for geting a hold of the keys and starts pushing the buttons on the remote fobs for fun! I get many looks while sitting in a car with kids and they are screaming while the alarm of my car is going off....sheesh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts