Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am hoping for some help/advice/feedback regarding removable sliding 5th wheel hitches for 2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 5.7L, 4x4 SR5 TRD model with the 6'5" box. My trailer is a 26’ 5th wheel with a UVW: 4930lbs. and GVWR: 7690 lbs. I absolutely need to have my truck bed unobstructed by 5th wheel rails for my day-to-day work. This has become a major problem for me, as it seems that there are not many manufacturers out there making a product for this application.
My previous truck is 2001 GMC HD2500 Duramax CrewCab 4x4 with a 6"6" box. The hitch shop I dealt with sold me the B&W Turnover Ball with the Colibert RailRider sliding 5th wheel for the GMC truck. This system worked well, but the Colibert is VERY heavy and it is hard for me to lift the Colibert RailRider in/out of the truck is really my only complaint. I was going to do the same thing with my new Toyota Tundra, but after an email conversation with B&W they basically said they although the two systems fit each other, B&W have done NO testing, and using anything but B&W systems together will VOID any B&W warranty. This has scared me, as I have seen what can happen when a 5th wheel trailer fails off a truck going down the highway.
The PULLRITE SUPERGLIDE is the most appealing option to me, however, PULLRITE advised that "they have not had a 2010 Tundra in their shop to fabricate brackets yet"... seems weird when the 2010 models come out in 2009 and it is already July of 2010.
Reese makes the 18K Signature series UBM, but after seeing it on display in a hitch store, it seems like there is a whole lot of slop and play where the hitch drops into the 4 mount holes in the truck bed. The guy at the store said that there is NO WAY to adjust the slop and play out of these Reese 18K Signature series UBM systems.
The next thing I have seen is the CURT Manufacturing hitch system. It looks quite similar to the B&W turnover ball UBM gooseneck hitch, and then CURT adds the 5th wheel goose-to-5th wheel adapter plate, a 5th wheel roller and then a 5th wheel hitch.
So, as you can see, I have done some research, but now I am reaching out to my fellow RVer's and Toyota owners across North America, to see what other options are available. ANY feedback on the above mentioned products/systems, or other recommendations or experiences would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2008 Tundra Crewmax (5'5" box) and I use the pullrite 12k hitch and it works excellent. It is heavy but I just leave it connected to my 5th wheel when I unhook and it leaves a nice clean box (only 4 holes for the pins). It is hard to believe pullrite has yet to design a mounting kit for the 2010 Tundra. Have the trucks changed that much?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Did the frame and body change from 07 to 10?
Sure doesn't look like it.
Ask them if you can be a BETA Tester for them.

The Superglide is the answer to your problem.

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2008 Tundra Crewmax (5'5" box) and I use the pullrite 12k hitch and it works excellent. It is heavy but I just leave it connected to my 5th wheel when I unhook and it leaves a nice clean box (only 4 holes for the pins). It is hard to believe pullrite has yet to design a mounting kit for the 2010 Tundra. Have the trucks changed that much?
I guess there have been some changes for 2010. That is what PULLRITE has told me anyway, and I am getting similar info from other hitch manufacturers. I would definitely prefer a PULLRITE from all I have seen and read. You guys are lucky. My whole life I have always owned used trucks until now. I guess its not always great when you get a NEW TRUCK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further to my original post, does anyone have any experience with the CURT removable UBM 5th wheel hitch?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a B & W gooseneck, with a Colibert adapter on the kingpin.
I have Airlift 5000 airbags on it.
8000 lb dry weight on my fifth wheel camper, rides perfect!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seeing that it's been about 1-1/2 years since this post, what did you end up using? I have a 2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab TRD Rock Warrior with a 6.5' bed. I bought a 30' Keystone Outback 5th wheel. I had it delivered last fall and am ready to have my 5th wheel hitch put into my truck. I originally wanted the B&W Companion, and like you have found that there was a change to the frame design after 2006. Now I'm looking at some type of silder and not sure which is the best brand out there. Sounds like Reese has slop and that PullRite might be the way to go. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts