Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought the truck used with a leer tonneau cover. its great but makes it look like a lovers truck. I want to take it off but am worried that the edges of the bed where the cover rubbed off the paint will rust. has anyone done this or had any problems with it rusting?

·
Registered
918 Posts
If the bed edges are rubbed off better to remove it and address the problem now, however you may need to, than to leave it on there where it'll keep rubbing away at the paint and trapping more dirt and moisture under there.

Also... better to have it look like a 'lover's truck' than a 'hater's truck.'

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. Any recommendations on how to fix with the edges that are rubbed off?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
WTF is a "lover's" truck?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha basically a truck thats all looks and doesn't do work. a b!tch truck in a way

·
Registered
219 Posts
AAAHHHHH... I now see the light... My bedcover was starting to rub a few years back, and I noticed it as it was wearing through the paint, but had not reached metal yet. I added aftermarket siderail caps to act as a barriar between the vibrating bedcover and the paint. I would say, take off the cover and refinish the messed up area and then add the caps to cover the 'fix' and also for future protection.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the only way it should rub, is if someone did a sh!tty install. if its not bad, you can try to have it polished out. otherwise, youll need to have the bed wet sanded, and re-painted.

and whats wrong with having a clean looking truck?? if you dont want a "lovers" truck, you shoulda bought an old dodge 2500 or something.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i have a cover on mine and wouldnt think of it as a lovers or whatever truck. a bed cover is common place and kinda the norm...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Beat up truck and cover with hammer and scratch it up a bit, also never wash it and let the inside fill up with garbage. Then it should look more worky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts