Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here remove their lift? Since they had to cut the truck, would I be able to put my truck back in stock form for a bit? I'm planning on going bullet proof but at the moment I would only be afford the lift itself and am planning on leaving it stock for a month or two.

Thoughts, comments or concerns?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Why dont you leave on the lift until you install the other one. Or are you going to sell it for money to get the new one?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
May I ask... how much was the install?

How much was the BDS 7" lift you have on there now?

How much is a Bulletproof 12" lift?

-rockstate

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just weld a bracket across the cross member,you will be fine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
700 to install bds, not sure bout the bullet proof but i would think it would be cheaper since its just bolt on.

·
Registered
819 Posts
how much are you selling your BDS for?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think there was a member on here that had a procomp lift, then took it off to lower his truck, and then ended up selling his truck because he was having so many problems with it. (I don't think the problems were from the suspension mods.) Hopefully you can find him or he chimes in.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think you should just leave your BDS on for that money lost.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you have the money do it. If it will ruin your finances don't.

There is nothing worse than having a bunch of money invested in something that you don't really like, especially when you use it every day. If I was not in a professional setting I would definitely have the bullet proof 12" "extra" with 38-40 inch tires.

It seems you always wanted a huge truck so go for it.

I second buying another the mud truck. I think I am going to do this. It is amazing what you can get a good off road vehicle for that is totally tricked out for this sport. Mud just destroys these trucks. I wish we had dunes around here instead.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mud is fun

The 3gs are a lost cause. I already invested that money. Its not like i will be shelling out an additional 3 thousand. I will be needing new tires in the next coming months so I figure I'll do the lift then.
This is the end result I am looking for

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mud is fun. I just hate the cleaning part. I still do it though.

That other white truck looks great. You'll be real happy with that result.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts