Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried to remove the chrome strip that runs on top of the door mouldings? The edges looks to be tucked behind the moulding. I really want to remove it but I don't know what kind of trouble I can be getting myself into if I can get the ends of the chrome strip off. :eek:

Any help would be cool.:ts:

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Anyone tried to remove the chrome strip that runs on top of the door mouldings? The edges looks to be tucked behind the moulding. I really want to remove it but I don't know what kind of trouble I can be getting myself into if I can get the ends of the chrome strip off. :eek:

Any help would be cool.:ts:
I wonder how much the Limited Moldings cost? That way you can remove the whole molding and replace instead of just the chrome which I am not sure if you can do. And if you can it will leave a hole where tit tucks into the molding front and rear. I think.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that was last option. Just buy the painted Limited moldings from the dealer. I'm sure that will cost well into the hundreds.:(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Search for debadged postings. Some one posted in one of those that a company makes a type of tape to be used to cover the chrome insert in the side moldings. The people who used it said it worked well and was cheap. They have pictures posted and the look was good if you have a black truck (I think they said the tape only comes in black.) If your truck is another color this wouldn't work, of course.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Search for debadged postings. Some one posted in one of those that a company makes a type of tape to be used to cover the chrome insert in the side moldings. The people who used it said it worked well and was cheap. They have pictures posted and the look was good if you have a black truck (I think they said the tape only comes in black.) If your truck is another color this wouldn't work, of course.
Matching Any other color will be hard to do with that tape even if they offer colored tape. I worked at a body shop for 2 years and there is other Aftermarket moldings you can try and even get them painted. BUT Painting that chrome strip will be hard and possibly look bad due to all the little valley's and cracks.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Trimbrite blackout tape

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
old post yes but while I was "polishing" mine up today one was not being held on by much so i took it all the way off. it doesn't look bad except for where it goes into the colored moulding. would post a pic but I can't figure it out right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts