Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like I am probably going to pull the entire headliner in our 2002 Sequoia in order to remove the sunroof and replace it with a used unit.

Anyone done this before?

Or even a small part of it? Even if you've only pulled a grab handle or dome light or the front visors, please share in here. Do you have any tips, tricks, or how to's?

So far my biggest concern is the side curtain air bags on the A pillars and not having them go off while I am doing it. Anyone know about those? Are there others I may have to worry about?

Am I going to have to remove all the pillar covers or can I just use some finesse on the edges of the liner like you can do in the front corners?

Anyone have any pages from the factory manual on this they could scan? My haynes manual doesn't even begin to cover it. It doesn't look like a hard process, just a long one, and I'd like to avoid as many broken pieces as possible!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
No fun man!! The curtain air bags would be a good concern...I wonder if the local auto-body shop can provide any input as I'm sure they've had to replace a few. Other than that, it sounds like stripping it down. Bummer! Hopefully you don't break to many parts....good luck!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I just read this thread...and was going to tell you not to attempt it...but looks like it may be too late.

Hopefully it went well for you.

I took the headliner out of our 2002 Tundra to install a DVD player and it was a big pain in the a**. Never looked very good afterwards because it got bent in a few places getting it out of the truck and the creases remained.

At any rate, fingers crossed for you.:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just read this thread...and was going to tell you not to attempt it...but looks like it may be too late.

Hopefully it went well for you.

I took the headliner out of our 2002 Tundra to install a DVD player and it was a big pain in the a**. Never looked very good afterwards because it got bent in a few places getting it out of the truck and the creases remained.

At any rate, fingers crossed for you.:D
No confidence in me huh?

:D

It went fantastic, see my other thread with all the pics.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-sequoia/212065-replacing-moonroof-sunroof/

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
That is nice! Looks like a ton of work. Great job and thanks for not taking me too seriously. If mine starts leaking I'll look you up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts