Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 tundra with a factory single disk cd player and sirius radio. I want to install a new piece to eliminate the static and I need to remove the radio to get to the back of the radio. How do I get the radio out of the dash? Is there a aux jack in the back of a factory radio? Is there a place to plug in a cd changer? There is a black piece of molding that seems like it may be able to removed, but I dont want to damage the molding. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
You have to remove the plastic bezel surrounding the radio. Remove the 3 a/c and heater knobs. There are 3 screws, one behind each knob. Remove the screws. Push the top of the 2 central vents toward the front of the truck to reveal 2 more screws, one at the top of each of the vents. Remove those 2 screws also. Now pull the plastic bezel away from the dash. It snaps into place in the dash, so you will need to use a small amount of force to pull it loose. After the bezel is removed you will see 4 10mm bolts holding the radio in. Remove the four bolts and pull put the radio.

Rick

·
Registered
17 Posts
yah it comes off just like the last reply...if your using the sirius fm transmiter thens just pull one into the radio and the factory ant into the sirius...the tundra doesnt have an AUX jack on the radio...but you can buy a part like USSPEC that turns the factory cd changer port into a AUX jack...or you can use the cd changer port and turn it into the ipod...i would use the USSPEC AUX part that you can pick up at circuitcity and it will give you two AUX source so one can be for the sirius and the other for and ipod...the part is a bout $69 plus u need two rca to headphone jack that radioshack has for like 5 bucks! HOPE THAT HELPS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts