Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got under my tundra last night in hopes of removing the 3 cover screws on the actuator so I can clean the contacts inside. I can't get a good bite with the screw driver thanks to the steering assembly shaft in the way.

My question is, did you guys remover the actuator entirely before removing the cover? If so, will I loose gear oil from the front diff once the actuator is removed?

Also one other question. The 6 wire gang going to the actuator. Is that a simple pinch and pull connector that a pair of needle nose pliers will disconnect?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
If I remember right, there are 4 screws 2 on top and 2 on bottom, I used a long screwdriver (but I have a 6 inch lift so things are easier to get to) and Im sure if you remover the ADD you will loose some oil... Try a quarter inch drive with a 1/4 6 point socket and use a phillips bit for a drill... you might need a extention or 2 or 3 with a wobblie.....

And yes it's a pinch and pull and pinch harder pull and tug some, have a beer :beer:go back and pinch and yank....drink another beer :beer:get the pliers and flat head yank again...bang your hand...bleed some...drink another beer or three:beer: go back pinch and pull then it comes off at 100+ mph :clumsy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts