Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air vent on the drivers side is monkey'd up and I need to take it out to click one of the little dividers back on. Do the vents pop out somehow?? I hope i don't have to take the dash apart for something that simple. Again it is the vent by the headlight switch, next to the driver's door. Thanks.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Cygnusx51 said:
My air vent on the drivers side is monkey'd up and I need to take it out to click one of the little dividers back on. Do the vents pop out somehow?? I hope i don't have to take the dash apart for something that simple. Again it is the vent by the headlight switch, next to the driver's door. Thanks.
air vents on the benzel? i've never taken mine out yet but I think there disloaged on the benzel so get a flat screw driver and remove it shouldnt be too overly hard like those found in the avalon Urge:devil: ...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TUNDRAV8GEORGIA said:
air vents on the benzel? i've never taken mine out yet but I think there disloaged on the benzel so get a flat screw driver and remove it shouldnt be too overly hard like those found in the avalon Urge:devil: ...
It is the dashboard vent just to the left of the Instrument panel. So what you're saying is to use a screwdriver and push it to one side and it should pop out?

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Cygnusx51 said:
It is the dashboard vent just to the left of the Instrument panel. So what you're saying is to use a screwdriver and push it to one side and it should pop out?

heads to garage and test my own tundra get back with you in a few...

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Cygnusx51 said:

from what i reviewed on my own Tundra push in the upper part of the Top vent and rotate that 360 degree and push it inward or around It should give you access to removal from that point so and you can see how it's attached.. Ill try to remove mine tomorrow since right now it's too dark to see..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured out how to get it out. I just used a screwdriver and pushed the vent to one side. Once the little clip popped out, I just pulled that side of the vent out while pushing the other side in, and it eventually wiggled out. Getting it back in was trickier. It took a little tough love but I got it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will this work the same for the vent by the left side of stereo will that pop out to i dropped something down there can hear moving sounds like its right there looked how to get it out really dont want to remove the whole dash or pay 100's of dollars to retrieve it it will start to smell since it is a dap pen top thc was trying to warm it up with the heater yes stupid i know but now i need to get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts