Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my front speakers, part of the jbl sound system. Dont want to over do it. Any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
567 Posts
Just head to the local speaker shop and take a listen at some speakers, i have infinity's with after market amp and sound pretty good. alpine, pioneer, sony, eclipse, boston, kenwood and so on are all pretty good. i would stay away from the cheapos like jensen and other walmart brands, they may be cheaper but you end up replacing them more often.

Andrew

·
Registered
83 Posts
^ +1
Anything is better than the stock speakers. I also have a set of Infinity components with an amp and they sound great. There are instructions on how to replace them in the DIY section.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
I need to replace my front speakers, part of the jbl sound system. Dont want to over do it. Any thoughts would be appreciated
Are you replacing only the speakers and intending to run them off the JBL stereo and JBL amps? It does make a difference on what I'd recommend as not all aftermarket speakers will sound good (be efficient and clear) with just the OEM stuff. Some will sound great with aftermarket equipment pushing them, others will sound like *** as they need a LOT of good clean power to sound good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Andrew, i was planning on doing that just wanted to see if i should lean in any certain direction. I would like to add a sub too, just not sure what my options are with that as far as location.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have Polk audio DB series component speakers running on an audiobahn 4 channel amp and i've yet to hear anything cleaner. I also have dynamatted doors and the bass is supplied by a single 12'' Boston Acoustics G5 sub. Cleanest sub ever. My sound system focuses on sound quality of loudness.

Good component speakers that don't require an amp are the Blaupunkt or however you spell it component speakers. They are around 75$ a pair and sound very good for the price and no amp. A simple head unit upgrade would also help your sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts