·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will take some photos with before and afters with them being painted. Also will take photos of the stock and new caps so they can be compared on/off the truck.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
These guys below are back with a listing on eBay. Could not find them any longer after I had bought mine from them. These are not direct replacements, but go over the existing cover. Top notch quality, and the paint was right on. Makes the mirror look beefier since it goes over the existing cover...I am normally not a fan of covers that go over existing covers, but this is OK by me! :D Nobody has ever even noticed, even though I can see it when looking out the window.

tundra mirror caps, great deals on eBay Motors on eBay!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
These guys below are back with a listing on eBay. Could not find them any longer after I had bought mine from them. These are not direct replacements, but go over the existing cover. Top notch quality, and the paint was right on. Makes the mirror look beefier since it goes over the existing cover...I am normally not a fan of covers that go over existing covers, but this is OK by me! :D Nobody has ever even noticed, even though I can see it when looking out the window.

tundra mirror caps, great deals on eBay Motors on eBay!

Those look nice. Is it possible to get a pic from inside your vehicle so I can see the part between the window and mirror? Thank you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice find Mark, but those are not cheap($$). But I guess you have to pay someone for the labor of painting. looks like it will save me about $80 doing it myself.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i bought the ones from the link in the OP. and mine fit just fine. best 35$ i spent on the truck so far.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
someguy how bout a pic of yours?

markymark.... no offense but the thing that bugs me about those u have is they look fine from the front but around the edges and from inside to me they dont look good at all....perhaps if they had been molded with a lip on the edge that snapped over the edge of the factory mirror it would help but the two edges (factory mirror and then cover) just look kinda goofy to me...plus the fact where theres nothing covering the inner part where u can see it from inside....i dunno...just not for me....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
ill see what i can do. ive been meaning to take some pics anyway, before the winter rubber needs to go on again.

·
Registered
431 Posts
VooDoo,

Thanks for finding these. I have been very leery of having my stock limited chrome caps painted to match my pyrite mica. I think the stock black will go just fine.

:tu:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VooDoo,

Thanks for finding these. I have been very leery of having my stock limited chrome caps painted to match my pyrite mica. I think the stock black will go just fine.

:tu:
Np:). Thats the whole reason why I ordered them.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts

markymark.... no offense but the thing that bugs me about those u have is they look fine from the front but around the edges and from inside to me they dont look good at all....perhaps if they had been molded with a lip on the edge that snapped over the edge of the factory mirror it would help but the two edges (factory mirror and then cover) just look kinda goofy to me...plus the fact where theres nothing covering the inner part where u can see it from inside....i dunno...just not for me....
Yea it bothered me at first, but I finally realized it just gives my Tundra some character. I did not like the half and half look with the covers like these. I had my OEM ones painted, but it only does half the mirror as seen in the pic of my truck below. Kinda defeats the purpose to only do half the mirror cap IMO. So I settled on these as they were a gift to begin with. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I put the black textured ones from 1a on my truck a while back and then ended up painting the stock chrome ones to match while the grille and bumper were out being sprayed.
The 1a ones are oem fit all the way but removal is tough because the clips are a little hard to take back off without breaking.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
good point mark....i dont like the half and half look like u just posted either...whats wrong with just painting the mirror housing like people have done for years? that way there is no black at all showing......

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
good point mark....i dont like the half and half look like u just posted either...whats wrong with just painting the mirror housing like people have done for years? that way there is no black at all showing......
That would work for sure..And I would have done that, but had received these as a gift for my b'day. When I go to get my whole truck custom painted, I will then just have the mirrors painted for sure.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
How do you remove the current mirror caps to paint them ?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I actually think it looks pretty good half/half, as it matches nicely with the black headlight mod thing-a-ma-jig....

the chrome on the front end of that beast is a different story though.... Not big on chrome unless the car is from the 50-60's... I paid alot of money to get rid of all of mine(limited)

I've got chrome mirror caps, SR5 mirrors(Sequoia), and door handles on hand...PM me, if anyone is looking for 'em

1 - 20 of 38 Posts