Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is the best option for replacement speakers for the front when removing the blown factory JBL 2 ohm ones and they are only $49.99 for the pair! The PB speakers fits flush in the factory location but the mounting holes don't line up. No worries because it is an easy fix by making your own holes using four 1-5/8" coarse drywall screws. They sound so much better than factory. Call Crutchfield and they will throw in the adapter harnesses for free for an easy plug n play setup. There are also a few reviews on the Crutchfield site by other Sequoia owners that have installed them with pictures. Enjoy!

-Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just ordered a set. Thanks for the information, I've been debating what to do about my crappy speakers, this looks like just the ticket!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered a set. Thanks for the information, I've been debating what to do about my crappy speakers, this looks like just the ticket!
You're very welcome. Have you installed the speakers yet? What are your thoughts? By the way, Power Bass also makes replacement speakers for the rear ones too.

-Ryan

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is a known problem with the 1st Gens. I had to replace them too when the truck got to be about 10 years old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered these on Amazon didn't take much to install them and you are right! They sound pretty good for a $50 replacement. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
9 Posts

This is the best option for replacement speakers for the front when removing the blown factory JBL 2 ohm ones and they are only $49.99 for the pair! The PB speakers fits flush in the factory location but the mounting holes don't line up. No worries because it is an easy fix by making your own holes using four 1-5/8" coarse drywall screws. They sound so much better than factory. Call Crutchfield and they will throw in the adapter harnesses for free for an easy plug n play setup. There are also a few reviews on the Crutchfield site by other Sequoia owners that have installed them with pictures. Enjoy!

-Ryan
Do you have a link or part number for the adapter? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to Ryan and the others I finally got around to replacing my blown front speakers with the PB L2-700s. I can’t vouch for sound quality over stock since I believe my fronts have been blown for so long I forgot what a proper system sounds like. I can say that if you hear any rattle or vibration in your bass then the fronts are more than likely trashed. My right front was completed separated and the left front at least 40% torn. For my install I removed the stock speakers then cut off the mounting brackets using a cutoff wheel. This allowed my to reinstall the stock speaker bracket into the existing holes. I then drilled and mounted the new speakers to the factory bracket. I did add some weatherstripping behind the factory speaker bracket, not sure if it will do anything or not but figured it couldn’t hurt. I didn’t take many pics but here are a few.

40774A45-9299-47F7-BB7E-9263A1E4F47A.jpeg F8194F88-7825-470F-B725-AD82EB8D8A3A.jpeg E5059EE4-A877-4FE3-9A93-26BC303BDCAF.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts