Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The OEM Bridgstone Duelers on my 05 access cab are shot at 19K. Tire Rack says my best replaccement would be the Pirelli Scorpion ATR in 265x65x17. Anyone here have any experience with these tires. I do most of my driving on rough 2 lane roads and dirt/gravel trails-no really rough off road stuff. I'm in north central PA, so snow and ice is a factor. I ran Michelin LTX tires on my T-100 with good luck. However, they are about $200 more, and are not rated nearly as high as the Pirelli.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have had very good luck with Tire Rack recommendations in the past.

Have you ever noticed that Toyota (and most other manufacturers) seems to put the cheapest, crappiest, least-rolling-resistance (highest mpg) tires on their cars/trucks/vans.........

Of the 2 T100s, 3 Tundras and 3 Sequoias we've had, 7 of them have had Dunlop Grandtrek/AT20s (hope you dont ever drive them in the rain, or the snow!) and 1 had a set of Dueler HTs........

I've ran BFG A/Ts which had great traction but rode like hell.........

I've had Dueler A/Ts that I really liked.

A couple of friends have had Michelin LTXs and have LOVED them.......

Another friend has had Scorpions and liked them.

....talk to Tire Rack, tell them what you're looking for, they won't steer you wrong!

Ben

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had the Dueler A/T Revos and LOVED them. Then I went out of town and my dad got new tires for my truck, the Michelin LTX's and they suck. They are good against hydroplaning but have no wet traction. When ever I accelerated they would just let loose. It would also feel like they were getting ready to let loose when stopping. I never had that problem with the Dueler A/T Revos. I guess I really can not complain since the Michelins were free.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the ride of the BFG A/T's. Great traction in most any driving condition as well. Can't wait until the BFG Rugged Trails that came with my truck wear out so I can put on the A/T's, (and by rugged they must be referring to pavement, because these things have mediocre traction on even dirt and gravel roads and forget about real offroading)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Bridgestone Revos, best all/terrain tire I have used so far. Great for winter use. They were rated No.1 on Tirerack at the time and I'm not sorry I bought them. I don't think you would go wrong with any tire rated in the top 5 on Tirerack.:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Whatever tire you decide to go with, you might want to upgrade size to 265/70/17 to help fill in the wheelwell. The stock size looks kinda small.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bridgestone Revos, best all/terrain tire I have used so far. Great for winter use. They were rated No.1 on Tirerack at the time and I'm not sorry I bought them. I don't think you would go wrong with any tire rated in the top 5 on Tirerack.:)
Absolutely - top rated for wet conditions and not bad for dry either. Solid tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts