Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke off my coat hanger and need to replace it. I bought the replacement part but it doesn't seem to fit properly. I'm having problems with the metal clip that inserts into the truck's frame. Has anyone out there replaced a coat hanger in the 2007 or later Tundra? If so, can you offer some insight/instructions on how to install the new coat hanger?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Not a usual problem for most people...maybe try to get one at a junk yard like LKQ. Big selection of stuff and they can order from another lot if that one doesn't have it.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
How the heck did you break that?

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
The instructions on TIS are no help at all. It just says "install the coat hook".:mad:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had to take mine out when I installed the overhead DVD player. The metal clip goes into the main part so that the "U" of the metal clip goes into the headliner/roof. It just snaps in there. Be sure you have the metal clip fully inserted into the main part. Then put the cover on. Let me know if this doesn't make sense and Ill try to get a few pictures for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem. I put a hanging rod up when I did some traveling and the stupid thing broke and my clothes were all over the floor. It appears these things are not built to hold any type of weight. I am thinking MAYBE 5-10 pounds. I am guessing I had between 15-20 pounds. There are options to hang the rod on grab handles, but in the 2017 Toyota Tundra the grab handles are just behind the front seats. I figure I will just have to wear wrinkled shirts and put them in suitcases unless anybody out there has a good option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts