Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the bulb in my dash for the O/D switch on/off function. I also believe another bulb for the shifter sequence (park thru drive, etc) is burned out. Has anyone pulled the cluster out to replace any bulbs, and if so, what's involved? Is it a big job?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Not that big of a deal. It took me a hour to take it off, and replace all the bulbs. I used red nail polish to make them red. It looks better at night. I need to take it apart again because shift light, "D" is burnt out. The only problem is no one sells the light with the little green cover, it lookes like a green condom over the bulb. I could only find clear or painted yellow at Discount Auto, AutoZone, and Pepboys. I ended up ordering from my Toyota delaer for 4 bucks a bulb. I remeber the hardest part was too the lower right of the steering wheel, where the ignition is. I had to pry the plastic so the console comes out. I guess that it is good that that area was the hardest, prevents the prying out of the ignition. After that it was simple the bulbs are just half twisted in the back. It lookes like a circuit board and there are contacts for where the bulbs go. It was more diffucult to pull out the right bulb, they are not labeled. A tip is to disconect the horn, I was doing mine in the garage and whenever I accidently hit the horn I would jump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts