Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sequoia
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced dome bulbs in 2004 Sequoia Limited with second row dvd entertainment system with Super Bright Led 194 bulbs. Now when locking the doors using the remote, the doors will not lock until the dome lights fade out. If I turn off opening the doors activating the lights, the doors will lock normally. Has anyone had a similar issue and maybe a solution?

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
39 Posts
Replaced dome bulbs in 2004 Sequoia Limited with second row dvd entertainment system with Super Bright Led 194 bulbs. Now when locking the doors using the remote, the doors will not lock until the dome lights fade out. If I turn off opening the doors activating the lights, the doors will lock normally. Has anyone had a similar issue and maybe a solution?
Interesting, I haven't noticed, but I will check next time. I don't think I have this problem because I can lock my doors as soon as the door is shut, but there was once a few weeks ago that I went to lock and they wouldn't, I turned around and walked back and then they locked. Figured there was just some interference where I was standing. All my interior lights have been replaced with led

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
39 Posts
Interesting, I haven't noticed, but I will check next time. I don't think I have this problem because I can lock my doors as soon as the door is shut, but there was once a few weeks ago that I went to lock and they wouldn't, I turned around and walked back and then they locked. Figured there was just some interference where I was standing. All my interior lights have been replaced with led

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some of these bulbs have switching current regulators which are tiny little high frequency switching power supplies. If the lights don't dim when you crank the engine, then you have current regulated bulbs. In any case, these can generate a ton of radio interference which will jam the wireless receiver. Solution is to buy bulbs without switching current regulators, or better quality bulbs with interference suppression. I had a similar issue on my boat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts