Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SR5 which obviously has the black covers. I am trying to get ideas of either installing fog lights in the inlet or a bar with attached lights. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same situation right now. Just waiting for someone to go ahead and be the guinea pig and let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just had the Toyota OEM fog lights installed in my 2007 with chrome bumper. It takes about 5 minutes per side for the lights themselves as all the wiring is already all there. You need a mounting cup for each side and the light assembly for each side. Part numbers available upon request. Then you need to change your turn singal / light switch on the column. This entails pulling the steering wheel because the switch encompasses the whole circumference of the steering shaft. That was not nearly as fast as the front end.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's the poorest bit of engineering I've seen in a long time. A completely different stalk assembly required for fog lights? How difficult would it be to run the wires to the center console where the aux. switch is and add a rocker switch?
How much did your installation cost, or how long did it take you to do it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just had the Toyota OEM fog lights installed in my 2007 with chrome bumper. It takes about 5 minutes per side for the lights themselves as all the wiring is already all there. You need a mounting cup for each side and the light assembly for each side. Part numbers available upon request. Then you need to change your turn singal / light switch on the column. This entails pulling the steering wheel because the switch encompasses the whole circumference of the steering shaft. That was not nearly as fast as the front end.
I would be very much interested in the part numbers. And may I ask you what you have paid for parts and work incl. the turn signal/light switch?

Jochen

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm not sure what wiring would be required to place the OEM fog lamps on a dash-mounted rocker switch but that would make sense (and allow their use on other than low beams maybe).

Qty Part No. Description
1 84140-0C060 Headlamp Switch Assembly (i.e. turn signal switch)
2 81210-AA030 Lamp Assembly, Fog
1 52126-0C020 Bracket, Fog Lamp (chrome bumper version)
1 52125-0C020 Bracket, Fog Lamp (chrome bumper version)

Came out to just over $600 installed (ouch, quit reminding me y'all)....

Toyota tech took two hours to install it (according to workorder). I think that's a bit long but perhaps it was an hour and a half on the switch alone with the airbag and all. I know it takes all of 5 minutes to replace the original black blank-out in the bumper with new fog lamp and bracket (watched them do it). You can reach under the bumper and don't even have to take the front wheelwell/liner off. I was having the backup camera (1 hour) and auto-dimming mirror (.5 hour) installed at the same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm curious...if I want to install after market fog lights, can I still wire them using the stock fuse and relay in the fuse/relay box under the hood without using the switch most are adding to their steering column? It seems the only source that triggers that relay under the hood seems to be that intimidating switch.

For me, it would be nice if that relay would be wired to a parking, or head light to automatically activate when either one or the other lights are turned on.

It appears however, I don't think I'm gonna be that lucky. Does anyone know a way around that intimidating switch install to the steering wheel and column?

(Other than just to wire up my own relay, fuse, and switch of course)

Any help with this one would be much appreciated, thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I have a SR5 which obviously has the black covers. I am trying to get ideas of either installing fog lights in the inlet or a bar with attached lights. Any suggestions?
not obviously....my SR5 wtih TRD has fog lights from the factory.

do a search theres plenty of owners who have added them. get with sparks 'yota and get him to get an out the door price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do not waste your money with "Blinglights" off ebay. Wrong size and lots pf wiring is required. I will sell them very cheap.

·
Mod formerly known as tpgn00
641 Posts
PIAA makes a kit for the tundra. I had the PIAA kit installed on my truck with a rocker switch just on the dash.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
PIAA makes a kit for the tundra. I had the PIAA kit installed on my truck with a rocker switch just on the dash.
How much? I have seen the PIAA kit on ebay for $260.01 which includes shipping. It does not say if it includes all of the needed items for installation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was it difficult to pull the whole steering wheel off and put back on? About how long did it take?
Absolutely not difficult. It took me 1 1/2 hours and that included a lot of taking my time along the way. There is a really nice write up my mhadden with pictures and notes for every step.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Tundra part.com is having a sale right now on a complete fog light kit including a dash mounted switch for $249.99, normally the kit is $300.00 I have seen numerous posts from people that have gotten them and they love them.
Here is a link Tundra Fog Light Kit 2007-2011 – Clear Lens

1 - 16 of 16 Posts