Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I was not going to buy another NAV disc from Toyota for $300. So I am in the process of removing my factory NAV unit from my 2008 Crewmax Limited and replacing it with a Kenwood DNX-9140. Have a friend who works for Kenwood so I could not pass it up. Now I am wondering what I am going to be giving up by removing the factory NAV system that is driven from a DVD map disc to a hard drive based NAV system with Garmin maps. I am excited but apprehensive. Is this going to be a easy or difficult install ? Did I make the right decision ?.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the Ina W900 from pacific stereo for $799. It is amazing! And me being a girl who has no idea how to work electronics, that's saying a lot. It boots up within seconds, and it is very simple to use. I had been shopping around for a while and when i called pacific stereo I talked to a guy named Joe and he gave me the best deal. It connects to my Iphone perfectly and it does not interrupt the navigation. I love it!

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I decided I was not going to buy another NAV disc from Toyota for $300. So I am in the process of removing my factory NAV unit from my 2008 Crewmax Limited and replacing it with a Kenwood DNX-9140. Have a friend who works for Kenwood so I could not pass it up. Now I am wondering what I am going to be giving up by removing the factory NAV system that is driven from a DVD map disc to a hard drive based NAV system with Garmin maps. I am excited but apprehensive. Is this going to be a easy or difficult install ? Did I make the right decision ?.
PM sent...Brad

·
Registered
175 Posts
From what I hear, you shouldn't have any issues, but I don't know from experience. PM me if you want to sell your factory JBL, I may be interested if you want to sell it cheap.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just had a local shop install a 9140 in my 08 Sequoia LTD, (with JBL, non-nav) and I couldn't be happier. They wired the factory steering wheel controls, installed the kenwood Ipod adapter (this is the bomb, really!)and hooked up my Sirius. The whole system is a great upgrade and you will love it. Be sure to use the matching install kit, (flat or glossy) and you will be without issue. You will need to upgrade the 9140 firmware, (download, extract and burn a DVD) and then get a map upgade for 2010 from Garmin, (69.99) Best money I ever spent. I figure I will buy a map card, (SD card), once a year and I'm loving it all. Also to find the SD card slot, hold the eject button for 2 seconds. I's below the disc slot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts