Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the air filter in my Sequoia. What are your experiences and suggestions regarding the different filters available? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
chipster said:
I need to replace the air filter in my Sequoia. What are your experiences and suggestions regarding the different filters available? Thanks in advance for your help.
Your oil will stay cleaner if you use the Toyota factory air filter because the air is its cleanest). I can't say that a non toyota filter (but same type) won't clean as well, but the Toyota one works better than say a K&N alternative. Won't let as much air in, but the air that comes in will be cleaner.

The cleaner you keep the air, the cleaner your oil will stay. Personally, I run only (*only*) Toyota's air filter. I also only run Nissan's filters in their vehicles.

Alan

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering if the TRD or K7N filtters increased performance. Or, is there a better alternative for the SQ.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hey chipster, welcome to TS. I have a K&N drop in filter but I don't know if it changed or not. I put it in the same time that I put my exhaust on. That helped (in the higher rpm range)!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
chipster,

i've got the TRD drop-in. haven't noticed any difference at all. the main reason why i got it was just the convenience of not having to replace it as often as the OE filter.

for more info on what would be best for your ride please consider becoming a club member. this will give you access to detailed info on an air filter test that our very own nhparrot conducted on his tundra w/ different filters.

hope this helps! :)
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts