Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an electrical problem last year with my tundra which eventually led me to replace my whole wiring harness. When the dealership did this, my keyless entry stopped working. I meant to go by and drop it off to have fixed but never got around to it. Now its been so long that I dont want to take it there and for them to charge me to reprogram this. How do I set up my remote to the keyless entry box?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Does yer remote look like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230407568560

1. Insert key into ignition, turn it to on (not acc)
2. On your ECU unit, gently push the button with the tip of a paper clip, pen, etc, for about 3 seconds until the light on
the TOYOTA SECURITY panel lights up. You now have about 30 seconds to press the button on your new remote once) to tell the car to recognize it.
3. remove key from ignition
4. step out of car and test your remote

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
i have the same year model truck and programmed 3 remotes with success. I bought the truck used with no remotes so I got a couple off of Ebay. upi have to remove the cover underneeth the drive stering column and then if you lie under the steering column looking up towards the cluster you will see a little gray box as pictured above. on that box is a little recessed button bush and hold till the LED flashes then within 10 sec or so push and hold the button on the remote you wish to program till the truck hazzard lights flash and the remote should be programmed. I have found that eventhough the hazzards does not flash all the time it did learn the remote too. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts