Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
rckit
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maintenance light on my 2005 ls430 is on, is there a way to reset it without going to the dealer?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Maintenance light on my 2005 ls430 is on, is there a way to reset it without going to the dealer?
Yes, you can follow the instructions for Mileage Reset on page 94 of section 1-3 in your owner's manual:

To reset the data, perform the following operations:
1. Push the “ODO/TRIP” button to change the display to
blank.
2. Turn the ignition switch off.
3. Turn the ignition switch to “ON” with the trip meter
“RESET” button held down.
4. Keep pushing the “RESET” button for longer than 5
seconds after the ignition is turned on.
After the above operation, the master warning light comes
on, a warning tone sounds and the above message
appears to inform you that the engine oil maintenance
data has been reset. (U.S.A. only)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It appears to me that the advice above might apply to oil chanes only.

I am told by Lexus service people that this would not apply to the major maintainence warning lights like 36,000 or 60,000 if I understand them correctly. The owners manual seems to say this as well.

Is this right? If so what is the reset procedure for major maintence points. Surely the Lexus techs know!

Thanks, ET:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know this thread is dead but maybe this will still help someone:

Regarding the LS, there are warnings for the oil change, the tire pressure, and the a/c filter, and if it is equipped with nav there are programmable reminders in the info/maint section.

Oil light has been covered

Tire pressure light: key on, engine on or off close all doors, press and hold the tire reset button under the drivers side dashboard, the warning screen by the odo will say pressure initial, release the button when the screen returns to blank. (and adjust your tire pressures beforehand)

A/C filter light: key on, engine on or off, press and hold the fan off button, if the doors are closed the info meter will read a/c filter reset or something to that effect, then release the button.

Nav reminders: fastest way -- Enter info, enter maintainance, and delete all and re-input them. Or you can go into each, delete the mileage and re-enter the value.

The corolla, as far as I know all of the years are the same, hold the odo button in, switch the key to the on position without starting the vehicle, and the odo should flash 0's. Release button when it goes back to normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts