Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Sorry- I snagged 'em. Better $$ than the El Glo's. Sick of them fritzin out on me every now and then.

Install ain't that bad, but is a pain and takes some time

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Here you go. These came with ZERO instructions so you need to know how to do this before you consider doing this. There is a how-to floating around here someplace if you do a search on EL GLO. They did tap directly into the EL GLO rheostat set up so I did not have to do any new wiring. ALSO, the speedo guage needle must be removed to get the guage on.

The oil pressure/temp guage does not align with the right side curve of the indicator lights, but I like the night view 100x more than the EL GLO's.

Now if only they last longer..............

By request the photos have been moved to MY PHOTO's section

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very nice TMS2U they look like mines. Did you actually have to take off your gauges but I was able to slide mines in?

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Those look sweet! Too bad the gauge doesn't line up on the side. Do you think you could paint it or something to fix that problem?

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
They install right over your existing guages, whatever version those may be. Since I already did the El Glo thing, install was a breeze.

As for the misalignment, that is an area that should be clear so that you can see the indicator lights behind it, so there is not much you can do. Today I also noticed that the tach guage also sits a bit low over the indi lights below it as well. In the night time photo you can still see that the indi light are not completely blocked out so its not that bad.

·
Registered
180 Posts
TMS2U -

Did you change the color of your light inside the gauge pod? You odo looks to orange, compared to the factory green.

------

I've got the Auto Concepts brand of indiglo lights that have 3 shades of green and 3 shades of blue.

When I did mine I took out the back lights that lit the needles and odo, but realize couldn't see the odo at night so just put back a single bulb on the right side so I could see the odo.

Well after reading a numbers of post of people complaining about individual pieces burning out or the transformer giving up I created a MOD for mine setup.

Back ground on my mod and reason for doing so.

I did the fog light mod many months ago, and now I light to drive with my "driving lights" while out on the highway going back and forth to work. For the most part its kinda light out, so the my indiglo light are on, but not effectly doing anything.

"The Indiglo Switch MOD"

1. Re-install or keep all the factory bulbs in the gauge pod.

2. Install a switch in-line with the positive wire powering the indiglo transformer.

Many people have noted a "ghosting effect" cause by the factory bulbs behind the gauge faces. In my case this works to my advantage and creates a neat night time effect when not using the indiglo gauges. The light pipes in the orange needles reflect off the white background to be able to read the gauges along with the green ghost lighting.

I run my indiglo's in a green color so this ghosting effect is a non-issue with myself.

To combat the ghosting, paint the back of the indiglo inserts a dark color.

Jason

1 - 20 of 40 Posts