Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back I tinted my tail lights and as a result the crappy factory reverse lights wouldnt put out enough light. So I took a page out of my Tacoma mods and did this upgrade. The schematic was done by a Tacomaworld member. I went to NAPA and bought 2 Sylvania 886 light bulbs. Then cut the bulb off at the base, put a small bead of solder on each electrode. It plugs right into the factory socket. Here is what you get. Keep in mind, I only had one in for the pic so you can see the difference. It may not look like it but the right one is CONSIDERABLY brighter.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Creative; great job!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Thanks for sharing. But why not go LED?
And it is not the crappy bulbs fault you painted the lens black

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No but the factory ones were dim to begin with.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
holly hell thats bright! its a reverse lights how bright do you need it lol. i buess to blind whoever is tailgating i guess

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Hmmm..... I have some 9004 headlamps here. I wonder if those could be reworked???

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
This is my solution, even with 20% tint and no street lights I can see just fine :tu:

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
holly hell thats bright! its a reverse lights how bright do you need it lol. i buess to blind whoever is tailgating i guess
question: How does someone tailgate you when you are in reverse...i would hate to see what happens if someone were driving getting tailgating and then to blind them with his reverse lights and smoke his transmission!LOL

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
question: How does someone tailgate you when you are in reverse...i would hate to see what happens if someone were driving getting tailgating and then to blind them with his reverse lights and smoke his transmission!LOL
You can connect it to cargo lamp and flip it on demand:tu::D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Brilliant! I'm gonna steal that one and hook it to my backup license plate frame :tu:
Any news on the redesign of those frames? Mine are also peeling like crazy, it's kind of embarrassing having them on the Lexus :beatsme:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts