Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have fog lights mounted in the rear to use as a reverse light? i have a 07 Tundra and looking for some suggestion on what fog lights to put in the rear. the stock reverse light is not enought light for me at times when i reverse.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
I purchased a set of fog lights from Walmart for $15. Used one for a mod to add an automatic light to the truck bed when the tailgate is lowered. Will use the other to enhance the reverse view at night. The existing reverse lights are OK but I want to brighten things up better for my camera system. You can mount the lights up under the corners of the bumper where a thin metal rod comes down to hold the rear fender in place. There is a slot in the rod which is the perfect size for the fog light mounting bolt and you can run the power wire down from behind the tail light.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
White Night Rear Lighting System, Truck SUV Reverse Lights

I have this on my '05 DC and '07 FJ (rolling blind spot) It lights up the world behind you.

Rich
That looks like a nice, bright, and quick option. I thought about ordering one but not for $90. It would be ok if the case was metal but it is just plastic so it seems likely to break when left mounted on the trailer hitch for any length of time. The only plus is the easy no-mod installation.

I will stick with my foglights from Walmart. For $15 you can get just as much light and mount the lights up under the back of the bed or the corners of the bumper for better protection. You can also purchase more powerful foglights or even a set of 4 for less than $90.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That looks like a nice, bright, and quick option. I thought about ordering one but not for $90. It would be ok if the case was metal but it is just plastic so it seems likely to break when left mounted on the trailer hitch for any length of time. The only plus is the easy no-mod installation.

I will stick with my foglights from Walmart. For $15 you can get just as much light and mount the lights up under the back of the bed or the corners of the bumper for better protection. You can also purchase more powerful foglights or even a set of 4 for less than $90.
I have had no issues with breakage, its a very sturdy housing, Some 'plastics' are stronger than steel you know.

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts