Toyota Tundra Forums banner

7781 - 7800 of 7818 Posts

·
Ford "Scorpion" whisperer...
13,918 Posts
Sir Jacky Stewart...

This Friday we are leaving for the F1 GP of Silverstone. It was a difficult choice, Goodwood festival of speed was last weekend and is on my bucket list also.

·
13,918 Posts
Can't remember in which war you served. Yesterday we visited my English brother in law. He had and has a difficult life. He was suicidal and was an intern for a long time. He's the man with who I visited the F1 GP of Silverstone. He's enjoying his life step by step, more and more. We have become better friends being together for 4 days when visiting his home country. Sometimes we where serious and had some good laughs. It's important not to worry to much. I was telling him about you, and tried to figure out how old you were. And that you served in the military, but it couldn't be WWII, because otherwise you would have been over 90 years old. But in the foto's you are sending of you and Kim and friends, riding a bike, you look much younger, so that can't be the case.

Made me curious...

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I served during the Vietnam War as an aircraft mechanic but what we really did was check the tires and pump the av-gas. Mine was an easy assignment ~ more like a regular job. I didn't have to hike the jungle looking for the enemy and risk getting shot and killed. Although, we did have a few small rockets land in our work area on occasion.
In America we have a growing population of young folks that have served in the middle east and they saw the worst of what the world can show to a soldier. I feel sorry for them as they're featured nearly every night in the evening news ~ they need a lot of psychological help.
My compadre's dad served during WWII as did my father. My dad would be 100 years old if still alive. My compadre's dad is nearly 100 and lives here in town. Soon there won't be any of them alive ~ WWII veterans.
I'm tickled knowing your English B-I-L and you got to spend some quality time together at the races at Silverstone. Any activity is so much more fun when shared with another like minded soul.

Cat Curiousity.gif

I'm Curious Too !

·
13,918 Posts
Miriam and me decided to go on a small road trip to the UK. I never was in England before, except for the F1 race. Truly enjoyed the country site and the people. We'll be leaving Thursday morning and will be back next week Tuesday. Going to visit king Arthur's castle :D and Robin Hoods forest. D:

Last minute decision...

7781 - 7800 of 7818 Posts
About this Discussion
7.8K Replies
41 Participants
Jonesy
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing