Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about having the under side of my truck sprayed with Rhino liner. Obviously you'd want to avoid spraying anything that moves or requires heat to be dissipated. Anybody ever done this? What were the results? What specific areas did you not spray, and would you do it again? Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have never seen anyone do this to their truck. I would think it would turn out great if everything was taped off properly. I used some of the roll on bed liner before and it turned out well but was messy getting it on the truck while upside down.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If your doing this for rust preventative purposes you can use POR-15 and do it yourself with a brush, small roller, or spray gun. My frame rails and undercarriage had rust flakes so I used an air chisel and wire wheel to remove all the loose particles and brushed on the POR-15. It's time consuming but applying it with a brush yourself guarantees you will only get the coating on the surfaces you want.

I think if you take it to be undercoated with Line X they will just carelessly spray the entire underside and will not go to the trouble of removing rust and just coat over it

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think it would be great in theory, but tradition "tar" like undercoat will cost MUCH less and should give the same end result for protection. If you can get a good deal on some line x type product and DIY, maybe you could do it reasonably. The biggest PITA is gonna be the prep....you're gonna have to get that frame pretty clean to make it worthwhile shooting that stuff on there.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
I seem to remember TS member 123gone ( a linex dealer) showed pictures of an undercarriage sprayed with LineX....but I believe it was a restoration project and they sprayed the underbody with everything off before rebuilding.....but you might shoot 123gone a PM and ask him his inpression...he's done and seen just about EVERYTHING done with LineX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts