Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone through the instructions front to back. Non of the instructions have said to drill the frame. Has anyone else installed these? Ive looked through the threads and could not find any discussing these issues. Thank you for your help.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Just a quick cell phone picture not really clear but I did have to drill my frame

Text Paper Document Font Paper product

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap, those are not the instructions I received. Looks like a couple of calls to firestone are in order. Thank you

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maybe its different on the 2006, But I did not have to drill into the frame on my 2008, at least not for the air bags. Now I DID have to drill the frame to mount the air-compressor in my auto level kit.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Thanks DJ I was looking for my pictures of my install and was about to go take a picture. But yours look like what I have on mine.
AND just to cloud things up
I flex my truck quite a bit and things started coming apart on the bottom in. So to resolve the issue I installed long carriage bolts where they used to be mounted to the springs. Now it flexs without restraint. But they are a bit noisy as they are not a solid mount.

Auto part Pipe Automotive wheel system Wheel

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts