Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about getting my wheels rechromed because they are starting to get a little pitted and dull.

I found a place not that far from that would do it but they want $290 per wheel to do the rechroming. Sheesh! I could buy a new rim for less than that.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Spray paint? :dry3d:

That is way too much!! I say you get new ones... :devil:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'd have to agree that getting a new set would be best in this case. Nice new shiny rims without the hassle of waiting for someone to do the job and hoping they do it right. You can pick which new set you want. That's what I would do. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd have to agree that getting a new set would be best in this case. Nice new shiny rims without the hassle of waiting for someone to do the job and hoping they do it right. You can pick which new set you want. That's what I would do. Hope that helps.
Yeah, but it is the principle of the thing. I'm the sort of person who doesn't like to throw things away if they can be repaired; even if that repair is somewhat expensive. My way of being Earth-friendly, I guess.

I've got a perfectly good set of rims that just need refinished and it is ridiculous what that would cost. :mad:

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Yeah, but it is the principle of the thing. I'm the sort of person who doesn't like to throw things away if they can be repaired; even if that repair is somewhat expensive. My way of being Earth-friendly, I guess.

I've got a perfectly good set of rims that just need refinished and it is ridiculous what that would cost. :mad:
You HIPPY! :D

Give these guys a call: Virginia Silver Plating, Virginia Silver Plating - Google Maps

We do tons of work with them, anodizing production surgical equipment and stuff, and they've been pretty good.

·
Registered
469 Posts

Just get a new set. Re-chroming is very expensive and almost not worth it, unless of course your rims were very expensive. Forget about being earth-friendly too, cause we all know that chrome plating can be hazardous to the enviroment. So just get yourself a new set and be done with it. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts