Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I order a set of wheels from Rimz one. I got the wheels great and fast shipping, BUT on their website it says with every set of wheels we will include lug nuts center caps, and stems. Well I got the wheels and center caps but no lug nuts or stem. I got them put on at the shop but it cost me an extra 40 dollars for the lug set. I emailed Rimz one and they wrote this back, quote

"Jacob,

Unfortunately you did not call to ask, we could have told you the wheels shipped from the factory and the lug kit shipped from our warehouse. The lug kit is being delivered to you today via UPS."

Dont yall think they should of told you this or have it on the website in which they do not. What do yall think about this. I know I wont order anymore from them.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I bought my 22" KMC 652 Hi-Fi Silvers along with 305/45/22 Nitto 420s from www.rimzoneonline.com and would do it again for sure. They had the best deal for this particular wheel and the tires. They had to send me a different set of lug nuts because they did not fit with the socket that the dealership had, but did not charge me extra.

I would order from them again!

So, what wheels did you order? I look forward to the pics! Great luck to you.......

Not all companies and customer service are as GREAT as TRDSPARKS and STEBEL ENGINEERED HORNS! Some members don't feel this way, but I have had nothing but great service from UNICHIP as well!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't get me wrong, the products where cheap and awsome. I bought Ballistic Wizards 18 with +14 offset. Super fast shipping, but it just got under my skin that they said, you didn't call us, we COULD of told you. But other then that, they are pretty good. They just need to put that on there website and let people know.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the products where cheap and awsome. I bought Ballistic Wizards 18 with +14 offset. Super fast shipping, but it just got under my skin that they said, you didn't call us, we COULD of told you. But other then that, they are pretty good. They just need to put that on there website and let people know.
I understand your frustration. Great luck to you and have fun showing off your new wheels!

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
No offense to you tundraduckhunter, but why didn't you just ask where they were before you actually did the installation? Places like Amazon, AutoAnything, Apple, etc. all send items in multiple shipments if they come from different warehouses or have different availability on products. This isn't an unusual issue...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I understand how irritated you must've been, but I had a great experience with them. I ordered KMC Rockstar 20X8.5 from them. The shipping was fast and they DID include the caps, lugs, allen wrench and allen bolt for caps. Heck, I actually forgot that they advertised the wheels coming with lug nuts and had purchased them from Discount Tire when they were installing them. When the tech informed me that they were already in the boxes, they simply refunded my money.

At any rate...Rimz One's customer service had been great. One allen bolt for the caps was missing (3 in the bag, instead of 4). I called them and I had extra bolts in what seemed like just 2 days! Then...I noticed that 2 of the 4 XD stickers that come on the Rockstars were missing. Not sure if they we already missing in the box or after installation...but again....called them up day before yesterday and they are sending the stickers.

Not to discredit your gripe/complaint because you are right...their answer was rather passive, but the good thing is that you will have extra lugs should you need them in the future or you can sell them. Sorry you had to pay for them during installation.

Nevertheless....please post pics. We'd love to see your pride and joy!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
We're all so accustomed to sending e-mails that we forget a phone call is better sometimes. I probably would have called as soon as I received the wheels to find out where the rest was. Looking forward to pics of your new wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geez, harsh words. My point is they should come with the wheels not 6 days later. They should just have it on there website that lug nuts and stems may take longer, you would think that they would let me know by email or something that the lug nuts where coming 6 days late. Thats my point. But I have my wheels with tinted windows and fender flares. I will get pics. I will buy from them again, and shipping was fast.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Geez, harsh words. My point is they should come with the wheels not 6 days later. They should just have it on there website that lug nuts and stems may take longer, you would think that they would let me know by email or something that the lug nuts where coming 6 days late. Thats my point. But I have my wheels with tinted windows and fender flares. I will get pics. I will buy from them again, and shipping was fast.
Ummm, where were we harsh?

I thought we were rather supportive....maybe I'm missing something?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
It would be nice to have gotten a disclaimer in the confirmation email that they sometimes ship seperatly. On the other hand give them a break man, they did send everything promised. It's not their fault that you couldn't wait to have the wheels installed. Please don't take offense to this because its not what's intended. I just don't really see what this company did wrong.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I get what you are saying, you are the customer, they are the company. Seems like good customer service would have been to tell you the lugs and stems shipped separately and to be expecting two packages. I guess if I were to receive the package and no lugs or stems, I would've called them and told em how p1ssed I was. Oh, well, at least you got the rims on!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I agree that they should have a note on the website or on your invoice that items may come from different warehouses. However, I would have contacted them as soon as I got the wheels to find out where the lug nuts were.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
They should have informed you somehow, either on the shipping invoice you recieved or in some kind of email. Either way, it's just a communication thing. Sometimes this stuff slips through the cracks. But now you have something to put in the general for sale thread!! :) See the oppertunity's you get when buying things online?

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new set up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rimzone works until something is wrong then they ignore you. I ordered a set of wheels and tires from them and the chrome wheels looked tarnished and started flaking off within a year. The wheels had a 1 year finish warranty, which they stated contact the dealer, so I called and emailed them and they said to email photos which I did "twice" and they then ignored my complaint. I will not do business with them again!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts