Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got home today and went to wash the truck and low and behold there is some bird sh*t on the side of my truck, I hit it with the hose and what I thought was BS is now a quater sized place where my paint used to be. I swear, it looks like a rivet. My wife thinks some one hit me with a door, but it is a perfect dimple. Almost like some one shot it with a bb gun. Anyways, the paint is gone. I mean gone. I put some touch up on it so I wouldn't cry to hard till I figure out what needs to be done.

Does anyone know if there are rivets on the door panel? I would say about a foot up from the rocker. Right on that curve of the door.

What kind of body work would be involved in getting this fixed. At this point I think I could chip the paint away to the size of an apple if I tried?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know much about body work but my girlfriend's dad who does said if you can get at the dent from the inside of the door you may be able to work it out/massage it with a hammer... I never used on of those dent poppers that use suction but I think body shops have the only ones that work well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
290 Posts
^ I take it to a reputable body shop for repairs. My concern would be moisture penetration around the ding area causing further damage. Touch up paint is good for small dings, if you thin the paint out, but for the size you describing it probably looks like s**t.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts