Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Rock Warrior and during spring cleaning this year I decided to take off the beadlock trim and clean the rims and noticed that the finish on the rims is rubbed off under the beadlock. Does anyone know what type of metal these rims are made of? I don't want my rims to start to rust because the finish is worn off, but I want to educate myself a little before I take it to the dealer and ask what they can do.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha ha ha.... you betcha JJWalker, they are in the mail =)! Thanks 1toughTRD, I appreciate it. Since they are aluminum, I guess I can't complain they'll rust since the finish is rubbed off. Think I have any ground to stand on to complain and get them replaced?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a '10 RW CM and had the same problem with the two rims on the right side. The rims were "discolored", so bascially what I did is that I went to a Toyoat dealership next to my home and informed the maintenance rep about it. They were convinced that its a defect, although they said to me I might have sprayed some chemicals on them - which i definatly did not; I'm thinking now it might have been due to a sand blizzard or something while driving to the dunes, not sure though - and they agreed to replace them on warranty.

This was the process:
- I notified Toyota maintenace rep about the defected rims
- Then, the service manager took a look at them and he approved for the maintenance rep to show this problem to the Toyota Corporate Rep on his/her visit to this dealership.
Note: the Toyota Corporate Rep comes only once a month to the dealership next to me so I had to wait for them to call me the day before his/her visit.
- I took my truck to dealership when the Toyota Corp Rep was there and she inspected it and approved to replace the defected rims as one time good well....blah blah blah...
- The dealership ordered new rims for my truck (only 2 for my case)
- When the rims were delivered to the dealership, they called me in and I had them replaced with new ones.

This is a long reply but I wanted to give details...... hope its usueful and good luck :D Rock Warriors ROCK

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder why they classify it as a "good will" replacement if it is considered to be a defect. Its not good will to replace something that is deefective.... its the bare minimum a dealer should do....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts