Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to get rid of my tonneau cover, since I replaced it with a camper shell. But it's kind of a shame, that was one good-looking truck with the tonneau! It only took 5 mins to take off, and I doubt it would take much longer to install again. The camper, on the other hand, took a good 40 mins to get clamped and installed to my satisfaction.

This thread is kind of an ode to my old tonneau and the good times. So please reply with pics of your tonneau'd Tundras! I know nobody wants to buy it, but surely there are others like me?

Such a nice sleek look

I've still camped back there when the tonneau was on--I kept it up and I was certain it wasn't going to rain. I carried 4 friends to a weekend-long music festival last summer and couldn't quite close it, so I just tied it down with a strap and didn't have any problem whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Not as nice as a hard top but its easy to roll up if I need to haul something tall. :)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Just like RC's

RC, after seeing that picture of your truck, i'm gonna have to DeBadge this week.

·
Registered
739 Posts
picked this up on craigslist for $50 :beatsme: hopefully it will help me save on gas :becky:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Not so stylish or original. But it's functional and has never leaked a drop.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Anyone ever tell you that your truck looks sexy Erki? :first: But anyhow I like tonneau, I'm actually considering getting one, I just have to figure out how much it would cost, or I might even wait until after I get a fresh paint job so it would match. But no doubt they look good and clean.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RCsTundra: did you custimize your hood by simply cutting off a couple pieces from the stock hood? It looks great, and I am thinking of trying something like it myself!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RCsTundra: did you customize your hood by simply cutting off a couple pieces from the stock hood? It looks great, and I am thinking of trying something like it myself!

·
Registered
204 Posts

poor pic but here's my DC sporting an ABS ArmorLid bed cover that I got a smokin deal on from ebay ($400 shipped NEW)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
dont kno if im going to put one on the next truck but i will not get rid of the one i have now

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Still have my ARE after many years and still fits the bill for me. I know the
tradeoffs of fixed tonneau vs soft, but, when I need to haul
anything large, I just call baby brother and use his truck..:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Still have my ARE after many years and still fits the bill for me. I know the
tradeoffs of fixed tonneau vs soft, but, when I need to haul
anything large, I just call baby brother and use his truck..:D
the ARE dont come off easly? my leer ans 2 quick disconnect hinges and the actuators come right off aswell. 2 people 2 min and its off (about 5 min to get it back on but still easy)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts