Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about this system ??

My dealer INSISTS that my 2007 Tundra Limited Double Cab DOES NOT have a factory alarm system. He claims that all of the cars of their lot have Rockledge systems installed... He further claims that this system "enhances" the alarm systems on the few Toyota models that do have factory alarm systems.

So... your comments are certainly appreciated... especially if you have some specific knowledge about this particular system.

Thanks !!

Steve W

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Anyone know about this system ??

My dealer INSISTS that my 2007 Tundra Limited Double Cab DOES NOT have a factory alarm system. He claims that all of the cars of their lot have Rockledge systems installed... He further claims that this system "enhances" the alarm systems on the few Toyota models that do have factory alarm systems.

So... your comments are certainly appreciated... especially if you have some specific knowledge about this particular system.

Thanks !!

Steve W
He's trying to sell you an alarm. Hook up Techstream and activate your factory alarm if it's not already operational. I and many other 07 owners have already done the same.

·
Registered
85 Posts
South Coast or Toyota of HB?

I was stupid and got taken by their BS sales schemes when I bought the Rockledge. I have a phone call into Rockledge for them to come out, so I can going into South Coast Toyota and throw it on the GM's desk. That alarm does everything the factory installed alarm does with the added Glass Breakage Sensor. Hmmmmmmm $105 from Sparks or $455 from South Coast. F***ing criminals!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sodar -

South Coast.

Let's chat. I'm in the midst of a few "issues" with them...

Cell phone number sent via PM.

Steve W

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I got the same crap from my dealer in alabama.... only one tech knew what i was talking about. maybe they just play dumb to cash in on the aftermarket setups... I had my alarm system activated and had them adjust all the other computer setting too...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought my '10 DC from HB Toyota about a month ago. During the sale, salesman never asked me about buying an alarm. The finance guy tried to sell it but I told him no thanks. The final paperwork indicates "NO ADDS." About 3-4 days after the sale, Rockledge called me to set an alarm installation appt. I declined (since I didn't buy it.) I even thought it might have been a scam? I called the dealer to ask why Rockledge was calling me. Dealer said that they actually OWN Rockledge so it wasn't a scam but must have been a mistake. A week later Rockledge called me again to set an appt. I took it this time. They came out and activated the alarm within 10 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts