Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Some rodent bit thru my '08 Tundra's throttle body cable (see pic below). Was able to online buy a new connector with pig tails - the wire are too close to the connector to try to splice them - but thinking of buying the whole wiring cable to make sure I don't get stuck if wires breaks on a long trip. Toyota's online parts system is difficult to find what the part number for the cable is - does anyone know? Anyone solved this before? Thinking of wrapping sandpaper or steel wool around the cable to prevent this from happening again. Any other solutions? Sprayed the engine bay with ammonia as a caution.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Electrical wiring Hood

· Registered
4,195 Posts
I would think a full wire harness from the dealer would be thousands. Pretty sure that connector is part of the entire engine main wire harness and a huge undertaking.
I personally suck at it, but you can get it spliced super easy, you just need to de pin from the connector, then splice in new pieces of wire.
Google search how to de pin a Toyota connector.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! If I got the part number correct, 821210C120, the cost is $1600. Your are correct in that there must be 20 to 30 connections with that harness and it would be an undertaking to reinstall. Waiting for the connector I bought online to come in, then get out my soldering iron and hope for the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts