Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone hase found anyother roll pan besides carriage work one? And how cheep did u find your role pan for?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
they still do those? i havent paid too much attention to them since the 90s when they were popular.

·
Registered
313 Posts
That pan is urethane, which is junk. Carriage works is metal main section with urethane corners. No one makes a true metal roll pan for these trucks. Bob Grant at Grant Kustoms is thinking about making one. I am in the process of having a friend make me one and then I will make a rear tube bumper matching my front bumper. I know another friend of mine made one for his, but I don't know if he'll make one for an out of town customer. He works at Chaotic Rods and Customs in Conroe, Texas.

A capable sheet metal shop or custom shop should be able to make one and it should cost about as much as the Carriage works one (less than $400), but it would be all metal, weldable, and paintable.

·
Registered
422 Posts
roll pans remind me of "mini truckin" magazine.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
I have the Carriage Works one..Not to happy about the end caps being urethane, but they will be re-done with modded metal end caps when the truck goes to paint and all molded in. CW pan is for the most part great quailty! Below is a pic of it when it was test fitted..It is painted now and will go back on once the bed is modded for the AirRide.

I'ma be running my exhaust turned down underneath the truck as to keep the rear clean. :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pics marky thats what i needed it does look good, am going to try and get the SAP rear bumper though i like the way that looks. Good call on the exhaust turned down underneath tuck is going to be sick.... :tu: wish i didnt still own anything on my truck or i would def do that

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a spot under there for the lights for the plate or do u need to rig something up?

·
Registered
30 Posts
On the CW there is..Needed to be modded a little so I could run the factory socket..But I have Vleds bulbs, so it will be bright as heck!
this is very interesting would this look weird on a lifted truck? and can the bumper be drilled for the parking sonar? Nice truck btw!! :tu:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think it cleans up the back end of the truck th crome bumper that it comes with i think looks a lil odd. just my opion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
nvm i just looked over it and there no place for my hitch :doh: but this mod looks awesome!! hope to see more pics!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts