Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if theres a rollpan out there, for the 07-2010 tundras. that allows use of the hitch still?? i googled it, but couldnt find anything. im willing to bet im SOL.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
CUSTOM FABRICATE !!! It sucks but it works...lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
Pick up a Truckin' mag and look thru the ads. Theres many companies that make them, I just do not know if they make them for Tundras yet. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Marky Mark has a rollpan. I'm sure you could have the company modify one for you.
Have you thought about using a different hitch? Maybe the SAP one or a curt like mine. Heck, I'd even trade

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i dont care about it enough, to start swapping hitches. but i was thinking maybe somebody woulda been smart enough, to just make one with a hole behind where the license plate mounts. and then you could just have a folding bracket to mount your plate to. so when you wanna use the hitch, you just fold the plate down, and put the hitch in the receiver. i suppose it would be easy enough to modify one that already exists. just not sure if it would line up the right way or not??

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I would think that they be'd smart enough to think that if you are going for that look, the hitch would not be wanted.
just roll your own.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Eh I think closest thing that would match what your wanting is probably getting the Sports Appearance package bumper(its smaller and can be color matched to your truck) and then get hitch attached to it.Its not quite roll pan but its an option that you wouldnt have to custom fabricate.

Only problem I see is that I think you lose towing capabilities(not completely but lose some LBS you can tow) with that setup.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
before they started making them for GMs in the 90s as much as they are now, people used to cut theirs out behind there all the tiem and use the fold down plate mounts from teh caprice/buick roadmaster models that went over the gas filler neck. shouldnt be hard to do...just findng a hidden hitch is the issue... the rest of them are giong to be under the pan....but im sure something can be done...

·
Registered
525 Posts
You probably are not going to be able to use the stock hitch with a roll pan anyways.
i was thinking that same thing.... i dont think it is possible

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
For some trucks you can use the stock hitches, but have not seen one with the Tundra. I have a Carriage Works one, painted, but not mounted yet as it will all come together once the rear AirRide is complete.

But on that same note, rollpans are just designed for the clean look, and not to show the hitch, etc. Mine does not have the cutouts even for exhaust tips as I will just be turning them down underneath the truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nope! Stock hitch will NOT work with a roll pan at all..I just installed a Blade hood and roll pan and had to remove the hitch for the rollpan because i could not even cut the roll pan to make it work....I tow once or twice a year so i will be getting a modified hitch to work. I will start a new thread with pictures and results as soon as i get it done..

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I've got a Curt hitch that mounts to the frame and should allow a roll pan that I'll be taking off my truck soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts