Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went thru a car wash yesterday and today noticed that the black plastic strip on the passenger side of the roof was flopping in the breeze. Does anyone know the proper process for re-fastening these?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought they were just double sided tapped down, I put urethane under mine before to hold them down when they start to pop up in the front.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have the same problem. there's only double sided tape on the ends and the rest is pressure fit, which to me is pritty stupid design. i used 2 layers of 3m double sided tape to hold it down 1 layer was not thick enough.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had 2 of those things come off of my '08 and I've had Toyota replace them both time under warranty.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Never use silicone, silicone actually will hold moisture to the body and can cause rust. Urethane is used to hold windshields in and will not hold moisture.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I lost one in a car wash -- went back, but. it was GONE. Can't see the purpose. Anyone know what these are for??

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Cosmetics. The roof itself is sealed at the factory, these just hide the ugly gap where the body sections are welded together. They do not provide any sort of water leak protection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts