Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's all running a tent on their roof? I'm very interested in picking one up but I would like to hear some feedbacks from those that actually have them.

My sequoia sits pretty high with the suspension/tire upgrades and it's probably going to reach it's height limits in my parking garage.

So I'm curious to see which tent sits the lowest and what are your thoughts about your tent?

PS, not many photos to be found on google except for one or two lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some research for a big trip and ended up going with an ARB Awning and Awning Room. Worked out great

I've seen that setup and considered it.

I was able to score a great deal for a used Tepui roof top tent off @overlandmarket on Instagram for $450. So far it's been my favorite add on to the suv lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks good! I've thought about a roof tent, but there are enough parking garages around that I barely fit under (at least the max height bar at the entrance) with a Yakima roof rack only. I wouldn't want to have to back out of one of those again. I did discover that I can fit a full length cot in the Sequoia with the 3rd row removed and the 2nd row flipped up. Nice and cozy camping when it's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts