Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Liquid Patrol Gas injectionsystem on my Tundra and mounted two 60 liter gastanks at the place of the sparewheel.
I therefore ordered a Roofrack with the Hildebrandt organisation.

When we recieved the roofrack two welds were not correct and the paintjob was not 100%, at some places it came off.
We called and e-mailed with the Hildebrandt organisation, because the roofrack came with warranty.

To attache the roofrack you have to drill holes in the roof and install the roofrails with special plugs. But they are not waterthight.
The Hildebrandt organisation did not react at all.

Now I sandblasted and powdercoated it my self, setback of $ 350, and had to take the Tundra to a paint shop to cover the roofrails with a seal, $ 250.

So ordering and installing the roofrack costed me $ 600, more expansive then the roofrack it self. :devil::devil:

So PLEASE do not buy anything of Hildebrandt!!

Tundra rules :beavbutt:

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Thanks for the info - any pics? What's your total capacity for gas now?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I want to see pics too!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Where did u buy the LPG system, who installed it, how much $$$ was it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I will take some pictures of the LPG installation, but it is dark already, so I post them tomorrow.

This installation is the best there is for the environment, the liquid gas is direct injected into the engine. The mileage is about 14 miles/gallon.
1 gallon of gas cost here about $ 1.39 and a gallon of Patrol costs $ 7.48.
The installation costed $ 4,200. Included an Australian lubesystem for the valves. It is connected to the CPU and injects the lube based on the power that the engine has to give at that time. So when running idle there will be no lubeinjection, with full throttle is will injected more.
The gas capacaty is 31 gallons.
Performance is about the same as with patrol, the engine sounds a little rougher and because of the big engine, it can keep up with full throttle. If i give full throttle the will be a malfunction, but when I give full throttle with ease it is no problem.
Because of the injection the powerdecrease is only 3%.
With full gastanks I drive about 320 miles. No I did not calculated wrong, but by law it is forbidden to fill the tanks for more than 80%, safety level.
When cruising with about 100miles/hour the consumption goes to about 8 miles / gallon. A few weeks ago I did a run of 5 hours, driving 100 miles/hour, only stopped for some gas. Costed me 1 speeding photo. Hopes that they took a nice photo, i did not recieve the ticket, yet.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
You should have done that on the autobahn.

you cannot fill lp tanks full because you need it to turn to a gaseous state.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Well, I will take some pictures of the LPG installation, but it is dark already, so I post them tomorrow.

This installation is the best there is for the environment, the liquid gas is direct injected into the engine. The mileage is about 14 miles/gallon.
1 gallon of gas cost here about $ 1.39 and a gallon of Patrol costs $ 7.48.
The installation costed $ 4,200. Included an Australian lubesystem for the valves. It is connected to the CPU and injects the lube based on the power that the engine has to give at that time. So when running idle there will be no lubeinjection, with full throttle is will injected more.
The gas capacaty is 31 gallons.
Performance is about the same as with patrol, the engine sounds a little rougher and because of the big engine, it can keep up with full throttle. If i give full throttle the will be a malfunction, but when I give full throttle with ease it is no problem.
Because of the injection the powerdecrease is only 3%.
With full gastanks I drive about 320 miles. No I did not calculated wrong, but by law it is forbidden to fill the tanks for more than 80%, safety level.
When cruising with about 100miles/hour the consumption goes to about 8 miles / gallon. A few weeks ago I did a run of 5 hours, driving 100 miles/hour, only stopped for some gas. Costed me 1 speeding photo. Hopes that they took a nice photo, i did not recieve the ticket, yet.
That ain't bad I got flashed going about 60 in a 25 the other dat, can't wait for the picture, at least I made it to work on time.:beavbutt:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As promised, some pics of the roofrack and LPG system.

I also recently installed a blockheater, ordered in Canada. Installing the blockheater was about 15 minutes, doing the wiring so that it not noticeable took 1 1/2 hours.

The wiring of the lights was also a major job. I calculated the tickness of every wire and made good connections, covered with heat shrink sock.

Tundra rules :beavbutt:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the company who installed the LPG system told me the following:
"The LPG is pumped in liquid state to the engine. Thats why the powerdecrease is only 3 %. The 80% fill level is that the liquid gas can expend with temp."

If I want I can fill it 100%, it is possible, but it takes me 30 minutes, after the safety valve kicks in, the filling goes very slow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts