Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news!

Ever since I lifted my Tundra back in January, my in-board CV joints have started to spew grease. :( Instead of doing the CV Clamp mod, I decided to take may chances with Toyota to see if they would fix it under warranty. (It is a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle with a 5-year/100,000 mile warranty on the drive train.) I wasn't sure if they would cover it or not becasue of the lift, but I figured if the said No, well it was worth a shot and I'll just have to pay for it myself.

Well, last evening I took it in to my local Toyota dealer, Ron Rosner Toyota in Fredericksburg, Virginia. (I used to work at their sister store in Stafford, Virginia, where I bought the truck.) I was told by the Service Advisor that the 5 years expired two months ago. (Apparently it is 5 years from the date the vehicle was first sold as new; not 5 years from the day you bought it used.) :cry:

But this morning, he called me and said that since it was so close to when the warranty expired, Toyota would pay for it out of "Good Will" and there would be no charge for parts or labor. :D

They have to order parts, so it will be a extra day. But I can live with that.

Two Thumbs Up for Mr. Rosner. Rosner Auto Group :tu: :tu:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Yeah they're pretty good I think. Never mentioned my lift when I went there for an alignment, if they opened the hood they never said anything about the custom "air box" or the air compressor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have heard really good things about them from everyone that I work with. I bought a bedliner from them and got a great price, very friendly people.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Great news!

Ever since I lifted my Tundra back in January, my in-board CV joints have started to spew grease. :( Instead of doing the CV Clamp mod, I decided to take may chances with Toyota to see if they would fix it under warranty. (It is a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle with a 5-year/100,000 mile warranty on the drive train.) I wasn't sure if they would cover it or not becasue of the lift, but I figured if the said No, well it was worth a shot and I'll just have to pay for it myself.

Well, last evening I took it in to my local Toyota dealer, Ron Rosner Toyota in Fredericksburg, Virginia. (I used to work at their sister store in Stafford, Virginia, where I bought the truck.) I was told by the Service Advisor that the 5 years expired two months ago. (Apparently it is 5 years from the date the vehicle was first sold as new; not 5 years from the day you bought it used.) :cry:

But this morning, he called me and said that since it was so close to when the warranty expired, Toyota would pay for it out of "Good Will" and there would be no charge for parts or labor. :D

They have to order parts, so it will be a extra day. But I can live with that.

Two Thumbs Up for Mr. Rosner. Rosner Auto Group :tu: :tu:
hmm im curious....are they replacing them with the stock boots/axles again? or are they replacing them with some aftermarket cv boots for you, for free? i wonder if they will leak grease again on you

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm im curious....are they replacing them with the stock boots/axles again? or are they replacing them with some aftermarket cv boots for you, for free? i wonder if they will leak grease again on you
They replaced them with stock parts, but since it was free, I shouldn't complain. They did say that if the problem reoccurrs, they would install aftermarket boots for me. Of course, I would have to pay for it this time.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
They replaced them with stock parts, but since it was free, I shouldn't complain. They did say that if the problem reoccurrs, they would install aftermarket boots for me. Of course, I would have to pay for it this time.
thats good. Nice to know they are willing to take care of you! :tu:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts