Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Finally went to start installing on my 07 CM today after sitting in the garage for almost 2 years, and realized I was sent the mounting-bracket type camera vs. the tailgate handle-mounted one I thought I bought/had. Before I go ahead and mount on the bumper above the license plate like you guys vs. seeing if I can swap cameras, wanted to see:

1. How have they held up in that mounting position? Seems a little vulnerable to me.
2. Can you see your hitch from that mounting position?

Thanks!

· Registered
22 Posts
Check the link above from Fragman to Barney_Fife's post with a pic.

In my brilliance (again almost 2 years later, which adds to said brilliance) figured out I paid $200 for the monitor and camera (appears can get just monitor for ~$115), but I need the tailgate-handle mounted camera (250-8106 or 8109...per someone else's post can't see the difference) for pre-wired trucks...the one I have is for non-pre-wired, though apparently you can purchase a separate interface harness to use it. Some quick searching shows $230 (ebay) is the best deal so far for just the camera I need/want. Damn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.