Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Should the winners have their badge forever or just for the winning month?

• Keep Forever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Month Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Forum Admin
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
if you play enough times, your bound to win!
its not about wining, but your effort in playing.
give your best effort, and your always a winner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Of course the ROTM Badge should last forever. After all, the ride we are proud of will last forever in our minds, even though our ride may be sold, stolen or destroyed in an accident.:)

·
Registered
566 Posts
I like BobbyB's idea.

·
Forum Admin
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like BobbyB's idea.
me too, but it's difficult... the current badge is universal... I'll ask our geek squad what they can do to make a mo/yr... no guarantees though.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Mmmmmm...This could get complicated.

Suppose someone won in 2011, and then 2012. Or, looking ahead, 2012 and then 2013. You get the idea. Would you list both years in the badge? Would they not be able to play if they already won?

Just kicking out the thoughts.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Mmmmmm...This could get complicated.

Suppose someone won in 2011, and then 2012. Or, looking ahead, 2012 and then 2013. You get the idea. Would you list both years in the badge? Would they not be able to play if they already won?

Just kicking out the thoughts.
i think is should just update if you win in 2012 and then again in 2013 it would just have to update it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I agree I think if you win it should say the year and you can participate just for fun for the rest of the year but can't win again tell the next year to make it fair. Also I say if you win in 2012 and 2013 it should just be updated to that year but if you don't win you just keep last years badge until you win again. Does that make sense?

p.s. if the contest gets big enough maybe we could get a sponsor to donate a gift card or something?? "cough cough" :rolleyes:
Seen it done on others sites and thought it was a pretty good idea and promotes business for them as well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I like the idea of only being able to play every few months, to give other people a chance. If you're allowed to play, but not allowed to win, that will take away votes for people that are allowed to win. I say keep the rules the same.
As far as the badge goes, just have the most current win listed. If somebody really wants to list each time they've won, they can put it in their signature. It could also be that you only get to keep the badge for a year, with the month listed (after a few years, we would all have a badge). Don't make it more complicated than it has to be.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
:tu: Let ROTM winners keep 'em for life.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I like the idea of only being able to play every few months, to give other people a chance. If you're allowed to play, but not allowed to win, that will take away votes for people that are allowed to win. I say keep the rules the same.
As far as the badge goes, just have the most current win listed. If somebody really wants to list each time they've won, they can put it in their signature. It could also be that you only get to keep the badge for a year, with the month listed (after a few years, we would all have a badge). Don't make it more complicated than it has to be.
I meant they could still enter for fun and to show off there awesome truck and photography skills but not be included in the poll. And we might all have a badge but if you put the year on it and maybe change the color once a year you could keep the badge but it would be different. Idk just tossing out ideas. Either way it's all about the love of our trucks and having some fun.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What if there was a forum or thread that has all the previous winners and a pick of their truck with the month they won? Such as like a pic of Flyin6's truck for the month he won, and then month after that, a pic of that persons truck and so forth. Again, lack of sleep makes me ramble. THats why the mods are around!

·
Forum Admin
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is getting good. Lots of good discussion guys.

Obviously it would be easy for me if the winner got to keep the badge forever. That way I wouldn't have to edit/update anyone's profile. However, it brings the complication of winner overlap, as jbtoy mentioned. And the neverending badge confusion. Especially if we can't get it customized with a month/year, which is unlikely as of right now.

What about the winners for two or three consecutive months keep the badge and so on... Or every January the badges get wiped clean for the new calendar year winners-to-be... Just a thought.

As for how many times you can win... there are no rules really... it's a popular vote.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I like the new year thing or just change the color for the next year if you can get the badge changed that is. If not whatever works and is easy:tu:

·
Registered
566 Posts
The keeping the badge for a year idea is cool, unless you figure out a way to customize the badges with months/years/colors. What if the winners got to keep it for 12 months from the month they won, instead of just until January when it starts off fresh again? If somebody wins in February and somebody wins in November, the November person gets kind of screwed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Keep it forever, but maybe add in the month and year they won?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Keep it forever, but maybe add in the month and year they won?
Totally agree. Unless of course there is some doping involved. Then the winner should be stripped of the badge no matter how long ago. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
As for how many times you can win... there are no rules really... it's a popular vote.
Which is why a winner should not be able to play for at least "X" time, such as 3 months or whatever folks agree is fair.

Intent, give others a chance to win and spread some recognition around for those fine rides out there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.