Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Recently I took my truck in to get it serviced on due to recalls, they changed out/added a shim to the gas pedal I guess to prevent it from sticking.
Well now the problem I am having is when I go from a complete stop and start to accelerate the truck is very JERKY. i feels like I am riding a bull, NO JOKE. I have to take my foot off the gas pedal, so the RPMs will go down, and the truck will get back to the low gear, or jsut a cruise speed (5-10mph) because it will jump around. Almost similar to a manual transmission when you're learning and you can get the smooth shift right. It is quite annoying.
Have you heard of this in the past? or know of any solutions? maybe spark plugs, gasoline, timing, the shim they added perhaps is not compatible?
Thanks.
-Z

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same issue. I bought my 2007 DC used in January due to a wreck I had in December 2011 which totaled my 2002 Chevy Silverado. The previous owner of the Tundra took very good care of it. For it to be a 2007, it was well taken care of but the issue of acceleration from a dead stop has me concerned. Like you, i feel like I'm gonna get bucked off a mad bull!!! I have yet to find out what the issue is and I'm looking for a solution.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's common on these trucks. My 07 and now my 08 does it. Not sure what or if there is a fix for it. The 07 was in the shop 3 times for the
bucking and they couldn't fix it....

GL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts