Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just put on a rough country 6" lift over the weekend and I'm having an issue when I put it in 4x4. It goes in and out just fine, but intermittently I will hear a faint grinding. Doesn't matter if I'm accelerating or not it just seems to come and go. Speed does not seem to make a difference either. Its like it catches on something for a few seconds then lets go. The Half shafts look fine (they spin all the time anyway), so the only thing I messed with was the diff. The drive shaft to the diff is at a slightly different angle and gets new brackets to hold it on the new cross members but that all I touched. Just wondering if something pops out at you guys That my dumb ass might have missed.. Thanks for any input!!:ts:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueller? Bueller? :)

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Did they have any sort of differential drop they provided in the kit? If you never moved the diff down, then more than likely it'll be at too sharp of an angle.

Also, you shouldn't accelerate when switching into 4hi (so the driveshafts are spinning at the same rate of speed). Your truck will let you know that the first time you try (which make be hte osund you're takling about).

-rockstate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts