Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 Tundra 4x4 and want to lift it to clear 285/75/16 on stock rims with little or no rubbing. The rough country website tells me that with a 2.5 in lift they will fit with no rubbing. And Toytec does not guarantee this.

My question is which is better? A block or AAL? Also the rough country comes with new rear shocks.

If anyone has had either of these setups i would greatly appreciate some comments.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have an 01 Tundra 4x4 and want to lift it to clear 285/75/16 on stock rims with little or no rubbing. The rough country website tells me that with a 2.5 in lift they will fit with no rubbing. And Toytec does not guarantee this.

My question is which is better? A block or AAL? Also the rough country comes with new rear shocks.

If anyone has had either of these setups i would greatly appreciate some comments.

both are spacer lifts and are fine to use. For the rear go with the AAL, ive learned from first hand that blocks are total sh*t. Using stock rims you will have rubbing on the UCA with 285s. If you want to use stock rims go with 255/85/16 which are a 33.2" tall by 10.1" wide.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i got the 3" front spacer and rear AAL from toyotec and so far i like it. i wish it wasn't as bumpy as it is, but i expected that from this kit. i don't go off road a lot so this kit was fine for me, makes the truck look better. here is a pic of my truck stock with the BFG's:

and this one with the lift kit installed with the Michelin 265/75/16's:

as for the rear block or AAL, i choose the AAL because it makes it look like a cleaner install and i do from time to time tow a boat so the extra support would help. i do need to hop up to get into the drv seat now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts