Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else notice this or is it just my imagination? When I put 3 or 4 passengers in my 02 Sequoia Ltd, I could swear that the ride gets noticeably rougher. Maybe that's not a good word to use but I do notice that it seems stiffer....when going over bumps the truck doesn't seem nearly as quiet and smooth as it does when I cruising around in it by myself.

It's not terrible but it's definitely not as smooth as when just I am driving it. I used to have an Infinity QX4 that I absolutely hated. It rode like a dream with 1 or 2 adults but when you put people in the rear seat, the damn thing became a bucking bronco. I actually had people hit their heads on the ceiling once when going over a bump that wasn't too big. Got rid of it.

I'm a little (just a litle) disappointed in the ride I'm getting from my Sequoia when it's loaded and just wanted to know if anybody notices this. Is there anything that can be done? My Lincoln Navigator (that I traded in on the Sequoia) seemed to actually ride better the more weight you put into it. Too bad it was a Ford!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hey jleslie - Usually it's only the wife and I in our Sequoia so not sure about passengers and a rough ride. I did have about 20 bags of beauty bark in it and it was a smooth ride. That's been about it though. Not much help here, sorry.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
jleslie,

i've had 8 passengers w/ little luggage and 7 passengers w/ full snow gear packed to the ceiling and the ride seemed about the same. that is also w/ my 20s and w/out on long trips and short. so yeah, i've pretty much loaded the sequoia and the ride has been about the same, BUT then again that's just me. i've been in american SUVs and it does seem like the ride suffers when fully loaded.

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello! I actually had my 2002 Sequoia fully loaded this weekend with 8 bodies, 2100 cubic sq. ft. gear box on top of the car filled to its capacity and the rear compartment loaded with water, pop, food, etc. We traveled more than 200 miles over 2 mountain passes each way and were totally amazed at how smooth it ran! Except for feeling the extra weight, there were no additional bumps, shakes, etc.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
BJS,

So I am guessing that is 2100 IN^3 and not 2100 FT^3? :clown:

Otherwise thats one BIG BOX about 15 feet x 15 feet x 9.3 feet! Kinda like driving with the living room on the top of the car....

:D Just giving you a hard time...

I have loaded up with people and have not noticed to much difference other than the acceleration is not as great..

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm getting ready to pack mine to the ceiling for a trip to Houston (from Jax , Fla. ~~ appx 900'ish miles).

Will be back late next week, will let ya know how it did. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
i;ve noticed my seq rides smoother if i pack it all the way to the back, though i could feel the difference in power. that's why i prefer to drive by myself. has anyone replaced their shocks? i wanted to replace mine with either a tokico or bilstein but i can't find one that'll fit.
john

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oops! Although, a box that big would be pretty cool for those times we are driving and I get mad at my boyfriend! I wonder if you can special order them with airholes???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I WOULDNT EXPECT TO GOOD OF A RIDE WITH 20'S YOU MUST BE KIDDING.THE TIRES DONT CUSHION AT ALL SO THE MORE WEIGHT THE HARDER THE RIDE.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
jkdday,

have you ever ridden in a sequoia w/ 20s on 265/50s? if you do you'll notice that the ride is a little firmer, but not as rough as some may think.

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Actual Size!

Okay, okay, it was actually 21 cubic feet, 92" x 36" x 16.6"! It is the new aerodynamic shape that came in silver which matches my Sequoia - looks like a rocketship on top, ready to take off at any moment!

B

1 - 14 of 14 Posts