Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's what they sent to me but I returned it...I got the stainless running board now...I just installed it last night and it looks good, my daughters loves it they can go in and out so easily now

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is what I picked up today. I'm going to try and installed them tomorrow, but it's so fricking cold:mad:

Those boards look great. It will serve it's purpose. Thanks for the pictures:tu:

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's my running board

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you take the 5.7L V8 badges off your truck? Just noticed that they weren't there. Nice truck though:tu: ....love the Slate Metallic color!
Yes I removed them and the sr5 badges, just thought it was a little cleaner looking. Looking at the other pics do you guys think these are an aftermarket board?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Is it hard to remove the badges? Can they be re-used if I have to put them back on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it hard to remove the badges? Can they be re-used if I have to put them back on?
No, just take your time.
Get some fishing line 10 or so inches long and seesaw it back and forth behind the badge pulling slightly outward until you've cut through behind the whole badge. (It helps to have another person gently pulling out on the badge as you cut the tape.) Any tape that is left on the truck, gently roll off with your thumb. Yes, they can be re-used just by applying two-way self-adhesive tape.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Did you heat them first? Are you going to remove your TRD stickers? What color is your truck, slate?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just lifter them off with a plastic spatula and a hard peice of plastic below and wiggled it thru. The cold actually helped the process, they popped off quickly and were not held on very good. Took all of 15minutes.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
I just lifter them off with a plastic spatula and a hard peice of plastic below and wiggled it thru. The cold actually helped the process, they popped off quickly and were not held on very good. Took all of 15minutes.
After de-badging my entire truck I can say the best method is to use strong waxed dental floss instead of fishing line or plastic tools. Cut a piece of dental floss about 4' long, fold it in half to make a double-strength cord, then wrap each end of the cord 5 times around the end of two small wooden dial rods with rounded ends.

You can then slide the dental floss behind the badges and work it back and forth by gently pulling on the dial rods. This prevents the floss from cutting into your fingers. It works great without scratching the truck at all as long as you are careful not to let anything but the floss touch the truck. The floss breaks periodically but it is cheap. Go slow and be patient and they will come off without any trouble. It helps if you keep the floss as close to the body as possible since it will break faster if you rub it against the sharp edges of the badges.

Once the badges are off you have to really work to get the remaining adhesive foam tape off. Just rub with your thumb and fingers until you get most of it off then use a liquid remover like Goo-Gone, which works best if you apply lots of it and let it sit a few minutes before rubbing the glue off. It is also good to make sure the truck is clean before you start so you aren't rubbing dirt into the finish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts